Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Letters Contained

My first exercise in making letters in a square contained area.
I showed this at the Friends of Calligraphy Kalligraphia show in 2010 at the
San Francisco Main Public Library.

This is the full alphabet + which was my resolution of letters contained.
I cut the lettters out of vellum with an exacto blade and glued them on dark cardstock.
I was on a roll with the exacto knife so I decided to design numbers contained.
I made it so it can be seen on either side and as an overall design.
I thought it would make a great room divider..nothing hangs loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment