I had fun making a few New Year cards using Adobe Illustrator. The challenge was to make them 'mine' and not too commercial....Oh well, these are the results: I used heavy letterpress paper.
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Trivial Pursuits XXVI
It happened again for the 26th time. I have had fun coordinating this event for the last three years. Six teachers and 40 students plus two volunteers have a day long event. Each teacher teaches five times with 50 minute classes. Check out my past blog with the flyer notice. I wanted to make a colorful banner this time since our theme was 'RED'. This is what I came up with and used for the first time water soluble artists' crayons. I really liked how they performed.
|In the works, I randomly colored Strathmore 400 drawing paper. I then cut out letters to spell out Trivial Pursuits XXVI. I then glued then on plain paper and cut a halo around them.|
|I place them on red paper to see how they would look against the red.|
|Close-up of the banner|
|The finished banner....photoed in my hall.|
|Wonderful gift bags were prepared for everyone. I made these nametags to identify each persons bag using a letterform inspired by Garth Colgan.|
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)