I decided to get light weight tubing that could withstand the heat. I bought aluminium tubing and had it cut to 12" lengths..sturdy and light. I took Arches Text wove paper; enough for two per person..a light tough paper. I mordant them before I traveled.While in Mexico City, I went to an art store and bought more paper. I put all chemicals in smaller containers; Aluminium Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, copper sulphate, logwood and annato. I requested onion skins and rust water to be ready when I got there. I also requested pots that would accommodate the 12" tubing. Since I was restricted by weight, I requested fabric be scoured and ready to print. Although everything was not ready or there when I arrived to give the workshop, we made do. I had 12 students that seemed to be delighted in what they produced.
|Emma and her two pieces.
|hanging to dry
|Our workspace Talapa
|stove set up with gas and pots and pans...
|aluminum tubes + one galvanized pipe ready to get simmered.