Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Eco-Printing Adventures

The third times a charm, it is said.  Well, after an electrical problem and no electrician until the next day, Monica Lee and I finally finished my testing of different techniques for eco-printing.  Monica had the Turkey roasters and I had the paper. The paper was easier to transport, so we did it at Monica's house. Her electricity went out when we connected the three roasters. We thought we had them connected to different lines, since the plugs were in different rooms, but it wasn't the case.  We tripped the box and blew a fuse (old house).
I am developing a technique paper for each and will pass them on to my students in a workshop planned for the late fall.
Leaves used in this test; hydranga, cloud, eucalyptus, elm, ginko, pin needles, wild dill, japanese maple...lots of unknowns I need to search for names.
onion bath

iron bath

onion bath


one side iron bath

opposite side iron bath

iron bath

iron bath

onion bath

one side, iron dipped and steamed h2o+vinegar

opposite side, iron dipped and steamed h2o

iron bath

iron bath

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete